Laminated Worktops and What Are They Made of?
Laminated worktops are extremely popular among many homeowners across the UK. Many people opt to install them in their homes as they are durable, inexpensive and available in several colours, textures and styles.
Laminate kitchen worktops are manufactured from kraft paper sheets mixed with resin to create a brittle and hard laminated sheet. This sheet is then attached to a chipboard and installed in your kitchen.
It is made from kraft paper, chipboard and a decorative surface; therefore, the laminate sheet has a thickness of only 2mm. Though durable, their colours may fade, making natural marble laminate worktops a better choice than laminate worktops.
Benefits of Installing Laminated Worktops
Sunlight Kitchen and Bedroom provide premium quality laminated worktops which provide these rewarding benefits:
Laminated worktops are the most cost-effective option as they are easier to manufacture than other worktop materials. For instance, laminated worktops are the best option if you have always been fond of natural wood worktops but could not afford them; it is hard to tell the difference.
Send Us a Message
If you have any question feel free to contact us!
Laminated worktops are highly flexible because they are available in various colours and finishes, such as wood or quartz.
Not only that, they can be easily cut into any shape and size, whether you need it as a kitchen worktop, sink or hobs. You can also match edging strips to achieve a smooth and seamless finish.
No matter the finish and design you want, Sunlight Kitchen and Bedroom provide bespoke services, ensuring you get the laminated worktops that match your lifestyle and place perfectly.
Durable and Reliable
Another great benefit of laminate worktops, including white laminate worktops, is that they are durable and possess water-resistant and anti-fungal qualities. Furthermore, if you want the smooth finish to last for a longer time, always use a cutting board while preparing food so that you won’t leave any scratch marks.
Solid laminate worktop requires very little care and maintenance. You can use a soft sponge, water and soap to wipe the leftovers or dirt. However, one thing to remember is to avoid abrasive products or materials, which will cause the colours to fade. Non-abrasive products will keep your worktops in good condition. If you are still not sure whether you can use abrasive or non-abrasive on a particular material; we will help and guide you accordingly.
If you have any question feel free to contact us!
Range of Styles and Designs
No matter the look you want to achieve, you can do so by choosing laminated work.
- If you want a traditional look, you can choose rustic tones or pastel colours.
- For a contemporary look, Sunlight Kitchen and Bathroom provide a sleek, designed luxury laminate worktop with materials including quartz.
- For a timeless and classic touch, you can choose stone, wood or neutral tones.
With advanced technology, any material is simulated nowadays; whether modern, rustic or traditional, you can achieve it without burning a hole in your pocket.
Things to Consider Before Choosing the Right Worktop
Designing and remodelling your kitchen might be fun, but it is also overwhelming. Sunlight Kitchen and Bedroom have skilled specialists who help you create your dream kitchen. However, there are many things to consider before buying a laminated worktop and finalising one.
- Colour: At Sunlight Kitchen and Bathroom, laminated worktops are available in various colours and can simulate any material available. Choosing one can be difficult; you can start by noticing the colour of your cabinets. In such a way, you will be able to choose the perfect colour that matches the cabinets while enhancing the overall look of your kitchen.
- Thickness: The standard thickness for laminated countertops are 38 to 22mm, but for a traditional look, you can choose a thickness above 38mm as it enhances the aesthetic appeal of your kitchen.
- Profile: When installing your kitchen worktop, our designers will ask you about edge profiles. Edge profiles add character to the black laminate worktop. For instance, you can choose a pencil or double pencil edge profile.
- Cost and Affordability: Sunlight Kitchen and Bathroom has a wide range of variety; we will help you choose the most durable and inexpensive one. For example, wood and stone worktops are popular but demand high maintenance; therefore, they are a deal-breaker. Conversely, laminated worktops are durable, require maintenance and an excellent value for money.
- Ease of Installation: Among other expenses, the installation cost of the worktop should also be considered. For instance, compared to other materials, natural stone and marble are heavier, hence expensive to install.
Why Choose Us?
- Before buying a laminated worktop, our team helps and advises our clients on which colour and design to choose.
- Our designers work closely with clients to bring their dream kitchens to life.
- We provide competitive market rates and the best installation services without compromising on quality.